top of page
"In this movement, the notes from the piano sound like tears breaking apart on the floor, the strings swirl like an approaching storm and hope retreats with the shake of maraca. It was a startling, unpredictable and gorgeous composition that brought Cruz-Diez’s work to life and made his colors tremble, dance and sing. It also demonstrated that Moya is a composer who has much to say about the human condition in the 21st century and should be listened to often."
Bangor Daily News
"Musically, "Tienda" fascinatingly blends classical idioms with the seductive beats and melodies of Latin America. With a basic ensemble of violin, viola, cello, guitar, piano and percussion, Venezuela-born Moya spans textures of pulsing vibrancy, subtly shading harmonies to trace the fragile emotional arc of his central characters."
The Star Tribune
“admirable String Quartet”
The New York Times
“Siempre lunes” visits a number of beguiling, attractive soundscapes: diatonic cascades like the sunrise in “Daphnis et Chloé,” or jostling rhythms that sound like broken clockwork... Let’s hope Moya returns to the Symphony, and next time with a larger work.
San Diego Tribune
“The Island with the Imaginary Moon,” is especially breathtaking, a gently melancholy moment to stop, breathe, and look around as the earth moves under you."Zoë Madonna, Q2 Music
"The piano and violin work supremely well together and as the pieces unspool there is a hugely exciting blend of the minimalist Adams expression, with the Venezualan folk music that inspires Moya – music that wends and dances, sways, forgets and remembers."
- Laura Strickling Performs "Las palmeras" at BargemusicFri 14 AprApr 14, 7:00 PM EDTBargemusic, Brooklyn Bridge Blvd, Brooklyn, NY 11201, USAGrammy-nominated soprano Laura Strickling and Daniel Schlosberg (piano) perform "Las palmeras" as part of the 40 @40 project.
- World Premiere of New Work for Soprano and String Quartet by the Jasper Quartet and María Fernanda BreaSun 23 AprApr 23, 4:00 PM CDTSt. Anthony Park United Church of Christ, 2129 Commonwealth Ave, St Paul, MN 55108, USA
- Laura Strickling Performs "Ciudades del porvenir" at the Collaborative Arts Institute of ChicagoSun 07 MayMay 07, 2:00 PM CDTEpiphany Center for the Arts, 201 S Ashland Ave, Chicago, IL 60607, USAGrammy-nominated soprano performs "Ciudades del porvenir" at the Spring Lieder Lounge at the Collaborative Arts Institute of Chicago
- Chiarina Ensemble Performs "Ghostwritten Variations" for Piano TrioSun 21 MayMay 21, 7:30 PMSt. Mark's Church. Washington, DC., 301 A St SE, Washington, DC 20003, USA
- "Ciudades del porvenir" performed by Laura Strickling at the Brooklyn Art Song SocietyThu 01 JunJun 01, 7:30 PMFirst Unitarian Church of Brooklyn, 119 Pierrepont St, Brooklyn, NY 11201, USA
- Violin 3.0 performed as part of the Minnesota Orchestra's Chamber Music SeriesSun 04 JunJun 04, 4:00 PM CDTOrchestra Hall, 1111 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, MN 55403, USA
- Alisa Weilerstein Performs "Guayoyo Sketches" as part of her "Fragments" ProjectTBDTime is TBDCampbell Hall, Santa Barbara, CA 93106, USA
- Alisa Weilerstein Performs "Guayoyo Sketches" as part of her "Fragments" ProjectTBDTime is TBDZankel Hall, 881 7th Ave, New York, NY 10019, USA
- Alisa Weilerstein Premieres "Guayoyo Sketches" as part of her "Fragments" ProjectTBDTime is TBDKoerner Hall. Toronto , 273 Bloor St W, Toronto, ON M5S 1V6, Canada
- "Polo Romanesco" performed by the Oberlin Orchestra.Fri 24 FebFeb 24, 7:00 PMOberlin College, 173 W Lorain St, Oberlin, OH 44074, USA
- McKnight Composer Showcase at part of the Great Northern FestivalFri 03 FebFeb 03, 8:00 PM CSTIcehouse, 2528 Nicollet Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55404, USAFrancesca Anderegg performs "Bonsai" and Christine Lamprea and Yundu Wang perform "Diaspora" as part of the Great Northern Festival at Icehouse
- Requiem for the Adrift and Shattered" ProjectSun 29 JanJan 29, 4:00 PMSt. Paul Episcopal Church, Indianapolis, 6050 N Meridian St, Indianapolis, IN 46208, USA
- Joshua Roman premieres "Rise" for Cello and Orchestra with the Chicago PhilharmonicSat 14 JanJan 14, 7:30 PMHarris Theater, Chicago, 205 E Randolph St, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
- Bass Clarinet Concerto "Órbitas aisladas" World Premiere with Marco Antonio MazziniFri 16 DecDec 16, 2022, 7:00 PMNational Symphony of Paraguay, Tte. Cnel. Eugenio Ayala Velázquez 376, Asunción 1584, Paraguay
- Chiarina Ensemble Performs "Polythene Sonata Product"Sun 06 NovNov 06, 2022, 7:30 PMSt. Mark's Church. Washington, DC., 301 A St SE, Washington, DC 20003, USA
- Butler County Symphony Orchestra performs "Dark Earth"Sat 05 NovNov 05, 2022, 7:30 PMButler Intermediate High School, 551 Fairground Hill Rd, Butler, PA 16001, USA
- Francesca Anderegg Performs "Vestida de mar" with Berkshire Symphony OrchestraFri 28 OctOct 28, 2022, 7:30 PMChapin Hall, 62 Chapin Hall Dr, Williamstown, MA 01267, USA
- Peter Kolkay Performs "Coroto Dances" for Bassoon and Piano at Vandebilt UniversityMon 26 SepSep 26, 2022, 8:00 PMTurner Hall, 2201 West End Ave, Nashville, TN 37235, USA
bottom of page